SCSO Charges Three With Burglary

Three Toccoa men face charges in connection to a reported burglary last month in Stephens County.

Stephens County Sheriff Randy Shirley said it started when his office responded to a reported burglary at a location on Jordan Road in Toccoa on March 24.

“A few weeks ago, a homeowner came home to discover that he had a burglary at his shop,” said Shirley. “A lot of Snap-on Tools and some vehicle diagnostic equipment had been stolen.”

Shirley went on to say as the investigation progressed, his office obtained information that gave investigators probable cause to obtain a search warrant for a residence on Keslate Drive in Toccoa.

“During the execution of the search warrant, investigators discovered a quantity of marijuana, methamphetamines, and firearms,” said Shirley. “One of the firearms had an altered serial number.”

The sheriff said that search warrant led investigators to three suspects.

Shirley said that they interviewed the suspects and were able to track some of the tools that were allegedly stolen from Jordan Road.

“We were able to determine who they had sold the Snap-on Tools and other items in the burglary (to),” said Shirley. “This individual lived in an adjoining county. He cooperated fully and was very truthful and honest and had purchased most of the equipment for $1,500.”

Shirley said that person was not charged.

According to the sheriff, 26-year-old Jonathan Tee Randall of Keslate Drive, 31-year-old Dustin Eli Gunn of Carnes Creek Road, and 24-year-old Anthony Christopher Blanchard of North Broad River Road were all charged with Second Degree Burglary in connection with the case.

The sheriff said Randall is also charged with Possession of Marijuana with Intent to Distribute, Possession of Methamphetamines, and multiple weapons charges.

Meanwhile, he said Gunn also faces a felony probation hold.

Shirley said both Randall and Gunn were in custody in the Stephens County Jail at last report, but Blanchard remained at large.

He added that his office was able to recover much of the nearly $9,100 in tools and equipment that was allegedly stolen and that the investigation continues.